Police officers who work with drug interdiction need to quickly detect and confiscate contraband to prevent drug trafficking, smuggling, and other crimes. The CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit from Campbell/Harris Security Equipment Company (CSECO) has all the things they need to accomplish their duties.
The law enforcement officers are most likely to have used the CT-30 Contraband Team Detection Kit, CSECO’s first-ever kit. The CT-30 and the CT-40 kits have practically the same items, except that they differ in visual inspection tools. The CT-30 kit has the FV-Series Articulated Fiberscope, while the CT-40 kit has the newer Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System.
This article lists the items of the CT-40 Contraband Team Kit:
- Buster K910G Density Meter and Contraband Detector
The Buster K910G Density Meter and Contraband Detector uses a low-intensity gamma radiation emitter and scintillation detector to identify the differences in density between contraband, such as drugs, narcotics, and other illegal substances, cash, weapons, explosives, etc. Unlike other contraband detection tools with millimeter wave, microwave, radio wave, or ultraviolet wave technologies, the Buster uses a directed energy beam that can “see” through wood, metal, textiles, and reinforced plastics, etc. Since every material and object has a specific density, unexpected changes to the density indicate that there is something hidden beneath it. One of the best things about the Buster is that it can scan (and detect) a suspected object for hidden contraband without causing damage to it.
- Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System – The videoscope has a five-inch multi-directional color LCD that makes seeing items being inspected much more manageable. It also has a push-button digital zoom and a photo/video image capture that permits detailed examinations of suspected objects being inspected (such as fuel tanks). Like many other visual inspection tools, the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope has a long, flexible, fuel-resistant shaft with a two-way articulated tip with an integral light source. The Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope is certified UL-safe for hazardous location use.
- PN – Series Inspection Probe Kit – This kit has several stainless-steel probes with a groove designed to trap contraband when inserted into sacks, upholstery, flower beds, and others suspect items.
- Leica Laser Range Meter – It is a laser rangefinder used to find false walls that may be hiding contraband. The range meter compares the internal and external dimensions to verify the overall dimensions, which leads to identifying hidden compartments.
- PM – 10 Extension Inspection Mirror with High-Intensity Flashlight – It is used to inspect dark and hard-to-reach areas such as the underside of vehicles and behind containers.
- CT-40 Customer Carrying Case with Wheels – It is a durable, shock-resistant case with wheels that safely and conveniently carries all the above tools.
If you have used and come to love the CT-30 Contraband Team Kit, you will love the upgraded CT-40 Contraband Team Kit more! The addition of the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System in place of the FV-Series Articulated Fiberscope will bring even more effective and productive inspections for hidden contraband in vehicles, containers of any kind, furniture, and many other objects.