Campbell/Harris Security Contraband Detection (CSECO) is the top manufacturer of contraband detection tools. Among the top contraband detection tools made and marketed by the company are the Buster K910B Density Meter— now Buster K910G — and the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System.
The Buster is CSECO’s first product, designed and developed by Patrick J. Campbell with input from the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents during the mid-1980s. This portable device is the best and most-imitated density meter in the world. Since the Buster was introduced, interdiction officers such as the CBP have been able to amass billions of dollars worth of smuggled narcotics such as marijuana, cocaine and heroin as well as other hidden contraband.
The Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System is one of the latest in the line of CSECO’s products. Designed to surpass the leading fiberscopes, this one-hand piece is able to detect in places that the Buster cannot reach. It features a 5-inch full-color LCD display and a corrosion-proof tungsten-covered shaft which officers use to insert into narrower areas such as gas tanks, inside door frames, through vent systems, or other small compartments on a vehicle. The Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope was declared safe by the Underwriters Laboratory, which means the tool is absolutely safe to use in high-risk areas such as gas tanks.
While we feature the Buster and the Perfect Vision most of the time in our articles, we often tend to forget that CSECO also has other contraband detection tools that are helpful for interdiction officers and law enforcement agents. These other tools are mostly found in the CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit.
The CT-40 Contraband Team Detection Kit is an upgrade from the old CT-30 Contraband Team Detection Kit. The CT-40 features the new Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope which has replaced the FV-Series Articulated Fiberscope. Except for Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope, most tools in the CT-40 are in the same as in those in CT-30.
Here are the tools included in the CT-40 kit:
- Buster Density Meter
- Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope
- PN-Series Inspection Probe Kit – a kit which includes stainless steel probes with grooves at the tip. They are inserted into certain items (like couches or sacks) for retaining or extracting any samples. These probes are of different sizes
- Leica Laser Range Meter – it is used to detect false walls as well as hidden compartments, truck beds, cargo containers, trailers, and other spaces with known dimensions.
- PM-10 Extension Inspection Mirror with High Intensity Flashlight – it allows users to see in dark and difficult places such as beneath a car or a truck.
- CT-40 Customer Carrying Case with Wheels – a sturdy and shock-resistant case which houses all the tools mentioned in this list.
CSECO also has another kit, the CT-PTK Personal Took Kit. Like many CSECO products, the kit was designed with direct input of the CBP agents. This handy kit consists of the P-41-PT and the P-40-PT stainless-steel inspection probes, the MPTS Multi-Purpose Handheld Utility Tool (bolts and screws, files, saw, small scissors, knife, and pliers) and a flashlight. These tools are housed in a military-nylon custom carrying case.
CSECO’s little-known tools are as equally important as the Buster K910G Density Meter and the Perfect Vision V20 Videoscope Inspection System when it comes to contraband detection. They make an excellent addition to the law enforcement agents’ arsenal in keeping illegal drugs off the streets.