The Radiation Pager is a hand-held radiation detector designed for security forces, customs inspectors, and emergency responders. The Radiation Pager is the most sensitive radiation detector for its size commercially available and is hundreds of times more sensitive than Geiger-Muller (GM) detectors of similar size. The sensitivity and small size of the Radiation Pager is made possible by the combination of a new miniature photomultiplier tube and a scintillation crystal.
The Radiation Pager is approximately the size of a message pager and can be worn on a belt or carried in a pocket. When the Radiation Pager detects x-rays or gamma rays at levels above the natural background, the Pager quickly alerts the operator by flashing a high-intensity light and either sounding an alarm or vibrating. The operator can easily locate the radiation source using a single digit LED display, a flashing LED, or an audio tone. The Radiation Pager is designed for people who need to quickly and discreetly detect and locate a radiation threat. The Radiation Pager is easy to use and operators need no special training. The Radiation Pager is designed to withstand the rigors of daily use. The pager operates continuously for over a year on two AA alkaline batteries.
- Cesium Iodide scintillation detector
- Detector size is 0.5" diameter (1.3 cm) X 1.5" long (3.8 cm)
- Unit size is 4.1" X 2.4" X 0.9" (10.2 cm X 6.1 cm X 2.3 cm)
- Weighs 6 oz. (170 g) with batteries
- Operating temperature range from –13 to 122 degrees F (-25 to 50 degrees C)
- 45 KeV low energy cutoff
- Runs continuously for over 1 year on 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Less than one second integration time (response time)
- Flashing yellow LED (high intensity daylight visible), audio, and vibrator alarms
- Seven segment LED display indicates radiation intensity
- Modulated audio tone and high intensity daylight visible LED indicate radiation intensity